IV

ThaMonthly


8.12.22.






IV
The Period & The Paycheck

___

By Chrys D.

‘Make that money’

…don’t let that money make you.

Ok Gang so look. This blog post & the language that accompanies it will be a tad bit rougher than normal, so buckle up :) As I’m sure with a zillion other women around the world, the menstrual cycle is unkind to us. In some cases, our employers are just as unkind. My definition of ‘unkind’ being ‘misogynistic, pompous assholes.’ Every job I’ve held with the exception of 1.5 (.5 being my current employer LMAO) has given much backlash when it came to my reproductive health. Never been terminated; however, suspended or received little to no hours for scheduled workdays. Or even make up for time missed.





Being suspended from my current employer due to my Endo in February sparked the brainchild for ThaMonthly. Flare ups with my condition became extremely severe in 2021. The majority of that year was spent in the ER every month. I started with my current company in September, praying the 1st & 2nd days of my cycle would land on my off days. But of course, life never works out that way. In the first couple months of my tenure, I was transported to the ER via ambulance from work. Cysts would rupture, causing me to either faint or vomit in front of my peers. 


Each time I felt more humiliated & seen. I was not in control of my body & my private struggle was now made very public. I also wouldn’t receive my insurance until my 90 days were completed in December. In the midst of all this, I was never properly shown how to file my incidents with the company who handles FMLA/intermittent absences. Was under the impression I was ineligible until my 90 day. Because of this, 6 excessive absences triggered a suspension. If we factor my off days in, I was out of work for 6 consecutive days! That’s abysmal given my condition has been documented in my employee file since onboarding!

After the 3rd party took months to file my appeal, the payroll department finally paid me back for the suspension (in July smh). Per my former PCP & current gynecologist, I am now allotted 2 days per month to take off if need be for my condition. My employer cannot interfere with these days. Women’s bodies are unpredictable, so 2 days is minimal, but it’s a start! Unfortunately, I know & have heard from countless women who have endured far more harsher reprimand from their employers due to reproductive woes. I truly hate this shit for us!!!!! 

A male dominated corporate world proves time & again that they can & will CARE LESS. Not just to bash men here, because there are women that are bigger bitches to other women in the workforce as well. I’ve seen it firsthand & it’s some sad shit!!!! CucciGang our premise is to continue to ADVOCATE FOR OUR PUSSIES!!! Our government has proven it doesn’t give a fuck, so this only enhances how most employers treat us. 

IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GIVE A FUCK!!!


Love, & Thanks for Vibing with ThaMonthly


Comments

  1. We have to be in the habit of not letting shit go so we can see a change. You are doing a great thing for the women that come after you. Legacy in the making

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

II

I

XII